The 14 allergens are: celery, Gluten, crustaceans, eggs, fish, lupin, milk, mollusks, mustard, peanuts, sesame, soybeans, sulfur dioxide/sulfites, and tree nuts.
Important – Almost all allergens can be found in our store (and in our storage and packaging areas for goods we deliver). This could be a product itself, allergens within ingredients of products themselves, or traces of allergens due the manufacturing, transportation, or storage processes of the products.
To try and limit any cross-contamination of allergens within our business, measures are taken as follows:
- Different scoops are used for different products and different containers and each scoop once used is put into a “used scoops” container and is washed before being put back out for re-use.
- Some containers have scoops attached so that the scoops can only be used for the product in that container
- As much as possible, products containing the allergens; nuts and gluten, are grouped together. Products containing allergens such as nuts are stored and displayed below products which do not.
- Staff hands are washed prior to and after handling/filling products containing allergens.
- All customer and staff preparation surfaces, weighing surfaces, and dispenser/container handles/surfaces are cleaned regularly to limit any chance of cross-contamination.
- Products containing allergens are stored in sealed containers.
- Dispensed products containing allergens clearly say which allergens on the dispensers or containers they are in.
Due to the self-service nature of our shop and the fact that products are dispensed – Traces of allergens can be airborne within the store and or temporarily settle o surfaces within the store between cleaning. Despite our best endeavours to minimise any traces of any allergens within our store, customers with allergies and severe allergies must be mindful of this.
If you suffer from a minor allergy or intolerance, then please feel free to ask our staff for your own scoops or funnels for your own added peace of mind. Unfortunately, we must advise that if you suffer from a life-threatening allergy, you should continue to buy your products appropriately packaged from a supermarket.
Customers shopping in our store or ordering online should do so at their own risk. No liability is accepted for events, situations or circumstances that are beyond our reasonable and practical control.
No allergen or nutritional information on our website should ever be considered a guarantee, but simply a best faith effort to serve our customers.